Thursday, June 30, 2011

I am at a loss for words in describing how fantastic and fascinating my last two weeks have been! I just started an internship at the Field Museum!! This summer I'm part of a team researching pathogens in birds through DNA - way cool! I truly had no idea how extensive the museum's behind-the-scenes research was; they have less than 1% of their collections on display! I am working in such a forward-thinking and smart environment. I love being surrounded with literally hundreds of projects all unified by a common theme - love of science from the molecular level all the way up to the global level. I have had so much fun just observing and asking other people about what they're doing! There is still so much to share, so I will definitely keep posting pictures as I take them!



Here's an arty shot of one of the literally millions of storage shelves found in the museum's sublevels


And another storage box containing fish!


 ________________________________


____________________________________ 

Also, a new adorable cafe just conveniently opened a block over from my usual commute to work! It's called Pret a Manger, and I believe that it is European-based. 


 __________________________



And a beautiful latte from Intelligenstia (upon my sister's urging)...

Adorable set of insect notecards from Anthropologie - just look at his cute, little glasses!



No comments:

Post a Comment