Friday, September 2, 2011

My dogs have learned a new word...

"Garden!"

This is in addition to sit, carrot, and dinner. Impressive, I know. Now whenever I decide to go romp in the garden, I just say the word, and they come running. Speaking of which, the edible part of the garden got a bit of a late start due to uncooperative weather, but lately it has been erupting in a vegetable frenzy! Besides the tomato plants that have been yielding many varieties by the hundreds all summer (this is feeling like a run-on...), nothing else was doing much.

But alas! we now go into the garden with a basket in order to carry everything, and munch on cherry tomatoes straight from the vine... mmm. Zucchinis, summer squash, spaghetti squash, eggplant, tomatoes (too!), melons, carrots, onions, potatoes, peppers, and herbs, oh my! Not to mention that the sunflowers are in a height competition with my house, and the zinnias are taking over the bed adjacent to the vegetables. 


P.s. Lydia's very fond of "burrowing" in the couch...


No comments:

Post a Comment