Thursday, May 24, 2012

Escargot, anyone?

A little friend found on the Cannes red carpet! ... Clearly he's mugging for the camera. 
>:)   


Reminds me of a time when the fam and I took our own barge trip throughout France... Ok, so the budding biologist in me was completely enamored with all of the little snailies clinging to the sides of the lochs. Long story short, one morning the 50+ snails escaped from the snailitarium I'd constructed (avec grass, food, and water... of course simulating a near-perfect habitat). We kept finding them in our luggage, the cabinets, steering wheel, you name it! Lessons learned: 1.) Snails are not slow-movers 2.) Snails do not like to be confined to "snailitariums" 3.) They evidently can hear when someone talks about butter and garlic... this was the same trip that began my unabashed love affair with escargot... 4.) It is better to admire snails from afar than unknowingly bring stowaways over the Atlantic. There are probably a few more I could squeeze out of this (to be posted if recalled!)...
______________________________________

P.S. Going along with the French theme here, I figured I'd share what I plan on making this tomorrow! Easy way to put an excess of stale bread to good (and delicious) use after a party! Serving suggestion: avec escargot! Mmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment