Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Kitchen Experiment!

My morning breakfast routine usually consists of an apple with almond or peanut butter and green tea. However an awful calamity occurred the other day.... we ran out of both peanut and almond butter, and I was forced to eat my apple *gulp* plaaain! 

Ok so maybe I'm being a bit dramatic, but even so, I decided I needed to fix the situation asap! I rummaged through my pantry cupboards, and low and behold, I found a brand-new bag of almonds! Yippee! So here are the steps I took to satisfy my almond butter cravings:

1. 1 cup of almonds (and threw in a few cashews for some extra flavoring; 
I only did 1 cup to start so I wouldn't deplete my stock if I messed up)

2. Toast for 12.5 minutes in oven at 350° (until you can smell them from the oven)

3. Put them in a food processor for about 3 minutes, 
then add a pinch of salt, 2 tsp of honey, and 1 tsp of sesame seeds

4. Keep processing until it gets thicker and thicker 
(you might need to scrap the sides occasionally)

5. Finish (around 10-15 min.) when you have attained your desired texture
I left it a little thicker/meatier for more flavor
You probably want to quadruple double the recipe because it really reduces!

6. Enjoy with sliced apples! 


No comments:

Post a Comment