Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Taking "Farm and Fleet" to a Whole New Level

Although it may be snowing outside today, these pictures about Truck Farm are making me want to start my vegetable garden extremely early this year (as in tomorrow!)... am I crazy? 

When Ian Cheney moved to NYC, he realized that there was very limited space for a garden. The solution? Plant a vegetable garden in the back of his 1986 Chevy, of course! Since then, a movement has been afoot and is sparking more "truck farms" all over the US. According to the site's map, there seems to be a large fleet concentration in the Great Lakes area -- looks like I've got to go hunting for one of these things (or start my own...). I wonder how creative I can make my garden's location this year! 
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment