Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bodacious Beverages

Ok well I don't know if "bodacious" is the best description, but I thought it sounded quite appealing! Anywhooo, I just wanted to share some exciting highlights of my week (besides prepping for APs, finals, etc., etc.!) 

1. In honor of the upcoming royal wedding, I have for you... Katea and William! Yes, I know, tea is appropriate for just about any occasion. Please note the dollar bills stuffed in Kate's décolletage and William's crossed fingers.




Personally, I think it looks like he's having a blast hot-tubbing!


2. Cocoa Cappuccino from Starbucks (one of the new items on their menu). I am usually quite opposed to the idea of drinking Starbucks on a regular basis because it is extremely overpriced, and I literally got gypped with 1/2 drink 1/2 foam that felt lighter than its biscotto complement. However, I do splurge when I get a giftcard! So using my new giftcard, I enjoyed a cocoa cappuccino, and I must say it was quite delicious... And on a side note, I have become a coffee drinker as of March! Can you guess why?!


Because I had a 43-page outline and 30-page research paper of course! Wa hoo! 

Well those are my not-so "bodacious beverages" from the week, and I am currently sipping a large white mug of Stash green tea (with matcha powder - yeah!). 

______________________________________

I also enjoyed a delicious breakfast of poached eggs with a basil vinaigrette over sliced tomatoes and toasted whole grain English muffins at my favorite breakfast place Nosh! Isn't that a clever name? I remember having a fun conversation the other day about great breakfast-joint names, and everyone concluded that the ideal one must be one syllable. "Nosh" is a perfect example! Or it could be something like "Fork." And another clever [rule-breaking] name is Bread and Breakfast! 


_______________________________

Ok now I know I'm such a loser and didn't post on Earth Day! Oops! But I did go out and take some pretty spring bud pictures. It drizzled all day and was a bit dreary, but nevertheless, I felt very inspired to help the planet! 




I love the fact that at first glance, many leaf buds look similar, but upon further inspection, they all are slightly varied; each one yields a completely original shape. 







______________________________

And I also made Honey Lace cookies yesterday, using Martha Stewart's recipe.








Oh and here is some biology literature... enjoy!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/science/21gut.html  

http://commonfund.nih.gov/hmp/

No comments:

Post a Comment