Thursday, April 7, 2011

Newsfeed.

I'm almost positive that every college has at least one newspaper. Newspapers can show you a lot about the school that won't be included in an info session or a campus tour. They tell you about student interests/concerns, events happening on campus, and the types of jobs/internships offered to the students (in advertisements). Interestingly, almost every school that I have seen and liked so far has a crossword, word jumble, and sudoku on the back - score! Sounds like my kind of paper!

I loved the idea of having a campus fashion section (to be discussed more in-depth in the future):
(many apologies.. my computer was not cooperating in rotating this image.)

Environmentally-conscious! Yay!


Embracing Diversity!


______________________________________________

Logically, I am a big fan of blogs! (Fun fact: "blog" originated from the word "weblog). I haven't quite explored enough of the college ones yet to get a feel for the way they operate, but I think that Tufts has a pretty impressive one; it is an extension of their newspaper and has some great cartoons, etc. etc. Fun business! I also found their take on the inordinately famous YouTube video "Friday" very amusing. Check it out right here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment