Saturday, April 2, 2011

College.

I'm baaack! I have been gone for the past week on a whirlwind of college visits... think 2,436 miles.... 9 schools.... 5 days. Nuff said. Given that I am embarking on a new adventure (i.e. The College Hunt), I would like to document the entire journey on here. There will be an array of pictures, from dorm rooms to your typical "prospie's" outfit to packing the car for road trips. I know this is going to be a thrilling (and stressful) experience, but I want to document it both for you, my faithful readers, as well as for myself! 





Never fear though, I will still be posting non-collegiate material, filled with some audacious baking experiments, elaborate aesthetics, and spiffy garb. 


________________________________________________

For starters, let's talk about the methods to reach the prospective schools... Personally, I think that a road trip is the way to go, as you can cram in as many schools as you'd like while spending some "quality" family time together. Riding in a car for 15+ hours with the 'rents entails some fun bonding over decisions of utmost importance (i.e. family fist fights over podcasts/books on tape, when/where to stop for food, map vs. GPS, etc., etc.). 
Sounds like a party.

I hate to toot my own horn, but I am quite the car-packer. It is great to make sure everything has its own place to guarantee quick re-loading when you have to pull a quick skedaddle to make the 8:00 am tour!  Also the packer dictates whether her fashionisto padre can find his I don't care how comfortable they are, you look like a dumbdumb Crocs in the way back.




This is just a little intro to a new chapter in Tikkit's short existence, but expect more expertise posts to come :)

1 comment:

  1. Kit-

    Crocs may be old man chic but boy are they comfy! I guess though I am starting to fall into that genre... married, kid, 32 yrs old. Oh well. Get a pair, wear them in secret and then rock them proudly when you are able to come out about them. ;)

    -Jonathan

    ReplyDelete