Monday, January 4, 2010

Cravin' for Organization


[Reluctantly] getting back in the swing of things- and all of the chaos that seems to ensue- I have suddenly gotten this mad craving to organize! A few weeks ago, while surfing the Martha Stewart website, I came across this brilliant idea that is organized, has the potential to be chic, and is quite clever!

I always find myself on a website for an unnecessarily long period of time, hoping that the next thing I click on will be something magnificent... it usually takes my a while to find something... or else I just seem just give up (it gets so frustrating)! Buuut... like I said Martha Stewart really knows her stuff:

And voila! It's a hidden office!
I really want to do something like this with my kitchen island, but instead of desk-y type stuff, it will be my craft-stasher/hold-all! Our island has so much potential: good size, hollow space inside, convenient location... the list goes on!

Kudos to Martha! Take a look at the how-to here!

_________________________________

Oh and here are some pics of the new-and-improved desk! We gave it a face-lift! (by raising up and clearing all the junk off). I think that the higher desk sort of gives off the art-meets-business vibes!



...and as you can see the office itself is still a work in progress, and so is my desk décor! And note my beautiful textbooks with all my homework!

1 comment: