Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Years Resolutions



"It's so tempting to keep postponing and setting aside those things we claim are important. We keep telling ourselves, 'Once I get through this, I'll start prioritizing differently.' "

This is what I seem to have done with this blog... so first off, HAPPY 2010! As New Years Resolutions, I have decided to post at least 4x a week (for starters) and find a "purpose" for this blog.

By "purpose," I mean that I need some real motivation to keep going. A few ideas I have include new trends (some posts in the near future for examples), documenting the transformation of my new office and my mom's new office (both works-in-progress), DIYs, maybe a few features about being eco-friendly/"going green," recipes, and maybe some features that I do weekly??

I am totally open to any suggestions on what to write about, what I could do better/change in my blog, and pretty much anything else!

________________________________

And to leave you, here are some "inspiring" pictures of things that I love/want to try to recreate...

Some cute pillows I saw in Jayson Home & Garden (that's the website)


A beautiful painting in Neiman Marcus which I would love to wear and dance around all day/hang in my room as a painting... for it's actual purpose! (it's actually larger-than-lifesized and so fabulously alluring!)



And, a funky cuff I found in Jumbalia (a really fun and kooky shop on N. Wells) ... totally should have gotten it while I had the chance...


(maybe I could make this... need to find thin, faux leather and a flat piece of turquoise hmm..)

And lastly, this awesome light tract from Dwell Magazine (one of my new fav mags!)





And again, I apologize, I swear I really do have a good camera
*note to self: use real camera, NOT iPhone*





No comments:

Post a Comment